LGBTIQ + social group for young people in Albany
AGAL has been successful in receiving funding from the Mental Health Commission WA to run a social and support group for young (12 - 25 year olds) LGBTIQ people in the Albany area.
The group meets monthly with the aim of:
- Having fun and meeting other LGBTIQ + young people
- Reducing social isolation
- Promoting linkages with community supports
- Providing information regarding issues important to young LGBTIQ people such as mental health, coming out, self-harm and suicide, alcohol and other drug use and sexual health
- Promoting useful life skills, such as effective coping strategies and communication skills
It's all free, you can come and go as you please and feel free to bring your mates!
Activities may include laser tag/bbq’s/go karts/arts and crafts/movie nights/roller derby/beach etc).
The groups two faciliators are qualified social workers from AGAL and headspace.
To attend the group or find out more you can check out our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/albanygayandles/ or call headspace Albany on 9842 9871.