Need Support For Someone Else?

How can you help?

Some questions that you might be asking are:

My friend just told me that he has a crush on me. What do I say to him because I'm not Gay?

How can you tell if someone else is gay? How will he feel if I just ask him?

Can gay people go back to being straight again?

What does it mean for my friend who has just told me that she is TransGender?  How can I help her to cope with the world?

Do gay people have children?  How do they go about it?

A lot of these questions can be answered by the following agencies:


PFLAG WA  (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays)  provides a support system for families and friends of people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex (LGBTI), along with education and advocacy in the community.

Their contact details are on their web site here:


Asking for help, information or advice about local services can be on behalf of someone you know and love. QLife welcomes contact from people who may not be LGBTI themselves, but who are worried about someone else in their lives. If you don’t know where to start looking for help locally , call QLife on 1800 184 527  or chat online through their website.

Safe Schools Coalition

The Safe Schools Coalition is a national network of organisations working with schools to create safer and more inclusive environments for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, staff and families.